Rookie Camp (July 26-28) Just for BYC Rookies!
- Our newest teammates get this week of extended morning practices all to themselves. BYC Coaches, assisted by a few returning racers, will start from the basics of bike fit, braking and shifting to assure that all our cyclocross Rookies start Pre-Season prepared to advance their skills.
Pre-Season (All August) Full Team Practices!
- Three practices offered in three different locations during the week (Tues / Wed / Thurs) from 6:00 - 7:15 pm.
- Tuesday is Banneker Park in Catonsville. Thursday is Oregon Ridge Park in Towson/Cockeysville. Wednesday is either outdoors at Northwest Regional Park in Owings Mills, or indoors at Bare Hills Racquet and Fitness in Mt. Washington. See below for maps and details.
- Weekends include Team Funride offerings throughout the region!
Race Season (September - December)
- Three practices in three locations during the week (Tues / Wed / Thurs). Practice times shift earlier starting in October, then we move indoor only, Tuesdays, starting in November. This could be subject to outdoor lighting availability in 2016.
- Weekends are for Racing! The official Mid-Atlantic Bicycle Racing Association (MABRA) calendar has not yet been released, but when it is, View the 2016 MABRA Cyclocross Schedule starting on Sept 03. We will typically focus on one race day per weekend, both Saturday and Sunday races equally through the season.
- The BYC Race Schedule includes around 14 races, and will be posted in the Google Calendar above when it is set. Races are regional, and typically up to an hour away. The furthest we travel during regular season is about 1.5 hrs, depeding on your home location.
- Cyclocross National Championships will be held early January in Hartford CT this year. BYC will encourage and assist bycKids competing at this crucial late-season event.
Off-Season (Winter and Spring)
- BYC won't be as active on the bikes during these months, although mountain biking and road biking could become part of our program in the future.
- Our Banquet and Annual Membership meetings will take place during this time, allowing the program to celebrate the year's accomplishments, and elect leadership for the coming year.