Rookie Camp (July 25-27) Just for BYC Rookies!
- Our newest teammates get this week of extended morning practices all to themselves. BYC Coaches, assisted by a few returning racers, will start from the basics of bike fit, braking and shifting to assure that all our cyclocross Rookies start Pre-Season prepared to advance their skills.
Pre-Season (All August) Full Team Practices!
- Three practices offered in three different locations during the week (Tues / Wed / Thurs) from 6:00 - 7:15 pm.
- Tuesday is Banneker Park in Catonsville. Thursday is Oregon Ridge Park in Towson/Cockeysville. Wednesday is at Northwest Regional Park in Owings Mills. See below for maps and details.
- Weekends include Team Funride offerings throughout the region!
Race Season (September - December)
- Three practices in three locations during the week (Tues / Wed / Thurs). Practice times shift earlier starting in October.
- Weekends are for Racing! View the 2017 MABRA Cyclocross Schedule here. We will typically focus on one race day per weekend, both Saturday and Sunday races equally through the season.
- The BYC Race Schedule includes around 14 races, and will be posted in the Google Calendar above when it is set. Races are regional, and typically up to an hour away. The furthest we travel during regular season is about 1.5 hrs, depeding on your home location.
- Cyclocross National Championships will be held early January in Reno NV this year. BYC will encourage and assist bycKids competing at this crucial late-season event.
Off-Season (Winter and Spring)
- BYC won't be as active on the bikes during these months, although mountain biking and road biking could become part of our program in the future.
- Our Banquet and Annual Membership meetings will take place during this time, allowing the program to celebrate the year's accomplishments, and elect leadership for the coming year.